We have brought you this website to help you find the right information you need to become educated in Christian dating and related areas where you may still have some unanswered questions.
- It is known that there are many resources available pretending to be the Voice of Jesus which go about untruthfully providing Christian dating services to far too many unsuspecting Christians. Also, it is our aim and passion to help the large numbers of Christians who struggle on a daily basis with their thoughts and pursuits of a relationship with the opposite sex.
- Today in our society there are vasts amount of information and services geared towards non religion based dating, of course there is nothing wrong with that, however when you are a Christian and seeking Christian dating advice you need to be looking in the right place.
- As a Christian you should be aware that God does have a perspective on dating, but at the same time, ultimately the choice is up to you.
In general, non-Christian attitudes and beliefs towards dating are largely shaped and formed through various forms of media, which result in giving completely different perspectives compared to a Christian’s. The messages that come across tend to tell you that it is widely accepted when you’re young …or not, for that matter!…To date as many people as you want before marriage, it is quite clearly seen by us every day…how many celebrities do you hear of and read about or have seen on the TV who jump around from relationship to relationship? It is no surprise therefore that people generate an idea in their minds as this either being “totally acceptable”, “cool” or it is “the thing to do”. We all love to mimic our idols…like when we play the air guitar right?!
A Common And Very Important, Pertinent Question For Christians Which Jumps Out Is:
TO DATE OR NOT TO DATE?
As many different people and cultures around the world have varying views and beliefs on the subject of dating, it is often the case that those of you seeking Christian dating advice are left somewhat bemused due to the lack of seemingly solid answers from the Bible. But you can get some form of God’s desires and expectations in certain scripture verses, for example:
Proverbs 4:23: (New International Version).. “Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it.”
Our hearts direct all that we do, the words that come out of our mouth are directed by the heart’s desires. Too frequently we spend time and money on protecting our material and non-spiritual possessions, whereas God teaches you that it is far more important to protect and guard your heart. Otherwise it may well lead you to ruin.
Genesis 2:24: (New International Version).. “For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and they will become one flesh.”
..“a man”.. Depicts every human being, as Adam had no mother or father, it is thought to have the meaning of entailing all in the human race; everyone with parents. God set up an institution!
..“leave his father and mother”.. Refers to separating from ones original family and to the making of your own. It is certain that a child to parent relationship is vital, but a proper and true husband to wife relationship justifies the child leaving the parent relationship.
..“be united to his wife,”..Meaning to stick strongly to, to be attached by strong ties out of true, deep love and commitment, which will be shared by a strong will and intent.
..“become one flesh”..From the action of leaving your father and mother and being united, not in a physical sense but rather a joining of giving and receiving. This shall be intellectual and emotional and all about caring and loving, only after developing closeness these ways will there be a physical joining which will be ideal and fulfilling, this should last for the life of the man and the woman.
1 Corinthians 13:4 – 7: (New International Version).. “4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.”
The above gives us a definition of love the way God sees it, you should feel driven to date by love but not a meaningless version. It suggests you should firstly get to know the person you want to have a Christian dating relationship with, then look to find out about their beliefs and also reference your potential date’s values against those listed in 1Corinthians.
No doubt in some Christian’s minds there tend to be feelings of living by the force of many Christian dating rules and this results in rebellion in some of those among you. When one feels as if they are not living up to the expectations of others, we have a tendency to put ourselves down only to end up doing the opposite of what we really should.
Christian dating rules are there to help you, not to put you down, they will aid in guiding you so that in turn you can make wise and informed decisions about your contacts with the opposite sex.
We hope that you choose to stay with us and continue to read all the information listed below which has been compiled here for you and is all relevant to Christian dating. We trust you will enjoy it and make use of it for your own benefit.
- Christian Dating Rules
- Christian Dating Advice For Godly Men
- Christian Dating Advice For Godly Women
- Christian Dating Advice For Seniors
- Christian Dating Tips for The Younger Christian
- Christian Dating And Being Equally Yoked – What This Means
- Christian Dating Partner – How And Where Do I Meet Mine?
- Christian Dating Online Services And How To Find Them
- Christian Dating And Sex, How Far Is Too Far?
- Christian Dating Matchmaker – Let God Be Yours!
- Not Christian Dating? – How To Be A Strong Christian Single
- Christian Dating Challenges Of A Single Godly Woman
- Christian Dating Books
- Christian Dating Explained For A Non-Believer
May God bless you in your journey.
Try Today’s Free Bible Trivia Quiz
The Interactive Bible
THE HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION®, NIV® Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.™ Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.
Small business web directory by category and pages
Get listed under christian dating category. Also try at Beauty | Business | Construction | Education | Finance | Health | Insurance | Jobs | Medical | Real Estate | Travel
Inbound Search Refferals:
- christiandatinggateway com
- christian dating gateway
- heavenly dating
- christian dating and intimacy
- when christians are dating what are the expectations we should have?